Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Davis family has been busy!

So besides Alan who is busy all the time! It's been an eventful week for the family. Here's what has been going on: * Our Tahoe broke down again, so we decided to get a new car. * The other day (26th), I was looking at some mail that had been sitting on the counter for a week or so. I noticed the Murray city education booklet and found the preschool section. I didn't know what day it was, so I called and the answering machine said it was the 20th and they were having an open house. So I called Mindy and asked if she could watch Alissa while Zach and I run over to the open house to try and get him into preschool. I started telling her about it and she says "Melissa, it's the 26th!). Oh crap! So I grabbed the kids and went to the preschool hoping there was a spot left! In one weeks time ALL the morning classes were full and 1/2 of the afternoon classes were full. Holy crap, good thing I saw that paper...I have been thinking about getting Zach in, but I would have waited a month or so to go to the school and find out. SO...the point. My BABY is going to be in preschool this fall on Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 1:00-3:30. I think I almost started crying thinking about him going into the big bad world lol. He's never really done anything like this before! But I'm really excited for him!! We could have gotten Alissa in too, but I don't think she's ready, so we didn't. * I got the chance to go visit my friend Katie. We are friend from High school and are still good friends! It's nice to talk to her and get to see her, as we don't see each other often. * We got a new little kitty. * I had dinner with a couple of my friends from elementary and Jr. high school. I hadn't seen Shannon (the one in the middle) for over 10 years and I took Trichelle's family pictures this past November, but before that I saw her at my wedding open house thing. It was fun and I loved how we just got alone like we have never really been apart. It was comfortable and not intimidating or weird * We all had a dentist appointment, but they are stupid and scheduled Alan and I at the same time...duh, you can't do that with two kids (and I told them that when I scheduled the apt). So I had my appointment (no cavities btw!) and the kids had theres. Alan has to reschedule. Zach had a cavity and will need to be sedated to get that filled because he was way to crazy and hyper to sit still for x-rays. I guess the kids were terrors at the dentist...I was in another room. I was kind of sad to not be there for the kids very first trip to the dentist. I should have brought my camera, but even so, Alan was cranky because he got stuck with both kids and I'm sure wouldn't have wanted to take a picture. * I'm putting a small display at my aunt Jinny's boutique of my photography stuff. I've got a story board, 11x14 framed in a 16x20, an 8x10, and two small pictures. I've also got my portfolio, a scheduling book, business cards and post cards and a price list. I'm hoping it helps to get my name out there a little bit more. It's hard when I'm not really advertising to get my name out there. I'll take a picture and post it here tomorrow. So that's all I can think of right now...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...you have been busy! That kitty is a cutie. What is it's name. Pets are fun to have. I loved all my kitties over the years! Glad to hear you had no cavities...you always had the good teeth. That was a cute picture with SHannon and Trichelle.Zach will enjoy pre-school. Mindy started when she was 2 (she turned 3 a few weeks later) so she was Missy's age. HAve a great week-end!

Anonymous said...

It was the 27th. :)

Christi said...

You guys are staying busy, that's for sure! I Know all about the dentist......I had 4 kids go last week! No cavities for us too....a first. I hope Zach and Missy got your genes for teeth, and not the Davis ones!! LOve ya!