Monday, May 29, 2006

Starting to blog

I've done a blog on myspace, but wanted to give this blogger thing a try. I know that some family and friends don't use myspace and thought this would be a good place for them to keep updated on my family and what we are doing. So, here I go...This is all about US!
This is Zach.He is 3 1/2. He loves trains, Thomas the train, to be exact! Every time he sees ANY kind of train, he yells "HI THOMAS"! He also likes Bob the builder. It's cute to see him watch the show...he has to have his colection of Bob the builder toys right there by him so they can "watch it" too! Zach is a good boy. He is a smart boy! He remembers things that I would never remember and often points out places that we've only been to a few times. He loves to go to DI, because I let him play with toys while we are there (and now that he's a big boy, he gets to walk). Zach's at the age where he is testing his boundries ... and he's pretty good at it too! (mom needs to be a little more tough when he's not obeying). He is SUPER excited to go to school. He loves seeing school busses! He talks about when he goes to school, he'll get to ride on a bus! I have mixed feelings about school. I can't wait to have my kids in school, but hate the idea of him not being with me for a chunk of the day. My baby is getting big! It's a bitter sweet thing! (As I'm sure all you mom's know what I'm talking about!).
This is Alissa.
This picture says it all! Alissa is mischievous. She is stubborn. She is a GIRL! (need I say more?) But under it all, she is a sweet little thing! Alissa loves to bug her brother, but I can already tell that she looks up to him! She watches his every move! She love Dora the explorer. She is attached to a pink blanket that was given to her as a gift. She loves the movies "Monster's INC" and "Toy story". She loves to climb and get into things. She is in to stuff ALL DAY LONG! and she loves it! She is starting to talk more and of course I know what she is saying when others dont. She is tall! she is beautiful! She'll be locked up in the house until she is at least 30 years old LOL. She's fun...we love her!
This is me.I am the mom, the wife, the photographer. First and formost is my family! I stay at home with my little munchkins and am lucky to be able to do so. Days get boring, but that's no ones falt but mine! I spend the first couple hours of my day on the computer while my kids relax...watch TV...play. When my time is done (I've got myself on a computer time program), I clean! Oh can I tell you how much I love to clean? WAIT, I don't love to clean...I hate it! (and it shows). I try to keep things looking ok, but it doesn't always happen. I look forward to 3:00, because that means that Alan will be home soon. Nights are pretty relaxed. We play, have dinner...get baths. Some days we go to the store...YES, my life sounds like so much fun.
I have recently started a photography business. I am an all natural, on-location photographer, and have had fun learning it all. It's hard. despite popular belief, photography is much much more than just holding a camera and taking a picture! It involves finding the right light, composition, manual setting, getting the right color, connecting with your clients, reading and learning, practice...practice...practice! So much work, but so much fun. I'm starting out slow, but hope that things pick up soon! I just finished my website and am happy about how it turned out. Check it out...tell your friends LOL... I also enjoy being with family and friends. Date nights with friends and playing games. Girls nights to talk about things I can't with my kids. Date nights with Alan because I love to spend time with him. I love to scrapbook and wish I did it more. I love Lake Powell and hope to continue the tradition of going as much as I can! Last but not least, this is Alan.Alan is the dad, the husband, the provider. The kids love when daddy gets home, because they get to play and have fun with him! They love to play with daddy. He is a good dad. He is a good husband. I am convinced that I snagged one of the last few good guys in this world. He is truely the best, and anyone who knows him know that too! He is honest, loyal, caring, puts others first (even when he really shouldn't), dependable...He'd be listed under "wonderful" in the dictionary. LOL..ok that was cheesy! but it's true...A good human being. Alan works for the state and is also in school. He is majoring in sociology, but is still unsure what road he wants to take. He is an extreamly hard worker and provides well for the family! Alan enjoys to be outdoors. He likes to go camping, golfing, hunting, shooting. He likes to be at home...to rest and enjoy his time when he's not working or going to school.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog was great. Since I am not around as much as I would like, I enjoyed hearing about everyone! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that Missy loves her Aunt Mindy and everytime I come over she runs and give me a hug. Also, everytime I leave she cries and yells "Dee Dee" (that is what she calls me cause she can't say my name yet). The people need to know. :)

Anonymous said...

Melissa, Thanks so much for this. Georgia is so far away and I miss y'all terribly. This is a wonderful way to stay connected.