Last night about 9:30, the kids dresser fell on top of them. I guess Alissa was climbing up the drawers (which she JUST figured out how to open) and it just topped over right on top of her them.
Alan let me sleep in this morning, but when I woke up, told me Alissa was acting strange and lathargic. She felt VERY hot to me and so Alan looked up the signs of a head concussion. She had a lot of the signs, so just to be safe, I brought her into the ER.
After we signed in and what not, we waited for a hour before being seen. Durring that time, Alissa just slept on me and layed quietly in her stroller. When they were checking her weight, she vomited 2 times and her temp was 103.7!! They got a pee sample through a catheter (she did not like that!). They gave her some meds and swabed her mouth. she got an xray also. Every looked fine. The last hour we were there, (we were there for 4 hours) she was just fine. Her temp came down to 101 and she was a little weak, but she's doing fine! It was just a long day to spend in the ER.
I think the best thing about kids being sick is that they actually snuggle and want to be close! I don't get that often, and it's nice.
Alan and Zach headed to Dave's house to get some tools. His motercycle isn't working again and needs to get a part back on.
So, not much else going on.
Have a good day all!
5:50 Asleep after a long day. Sweet girl.

7:45 and Alissa is back to the ER with Alan. She is just acting way to lathargic and she is too hot to ignore. Alan really wants the peace of mind and is going to get her a cat scan...
11:00 pm. I'm happy to report that Alissa is just fine. The cat scan showed some swelling in her brain, but not enough to be concerned about. So with some meds for her temp, she'll be all good :) Hopefully she'll sleep tonight and feel better in the morning...
No comments:
Post a Comment