Thursday, August 31, 2006
The Davis family adventure ;)
So yesterday we had quite the adventure on our way to pick up my progesterone pills. I'll start at the beginning.
It was a dark and...LOL...just kidding. I had called the place that compounds these pills and asked if they had them ready for me to pick up. The guy said "yes" and told me that he could mail them to me, or we could pick them up. I asked the guy what the address was and he said blah blah blah in North SL. I asked Alan what he wanted to do and he said we might as well go pick them up.
So we leave our apartment happy and ready to go on a nice drive to pick up these pills. I was excited because I had just opened my biggest photography order! The kids were excited to get out of the house! It was nice to have Alan coming with us for once.
So we head off and make it down town to the north side of SL. We drive and look...look and drive around to find this address. It's an impossible address. It puts us pretty much smack dab on the free way. We try going on both sides, going down weird streets in a bad part of town. We've been driving for about 30 minutes now trying to find the place.
I decided to call and confirm the address and as I'm on the phone, the guy is trying to help me...giving me directions (he's looking at a map on his computer). He tells me a few things and we hang up. I tell Alan what the guys directions where and Alan starts calling the guy an idiot because those directions make no sense...but we decide to try it any way. Nope, the directions make no sense and they take us NO WHERE!
By this time, Alan and I are arguing because we are frustrated, the kids are screaming and being cranky, we are out of gas and Alan thinks we are going to get pulled over. So I call back, yet again...annoyed and ask the guy if this place is just in a WEIRD spot that is hard to find. He sounds kind of confused when he says that it really isn't and he continues to give me more directions.
As I'm on the phone, Alan is starting to drive home and I've just gotten step by step directions on how to get there!
We stop and get gas (oh and btw, I was sick this whole time...I felt very nauseous). we get the kids a drink, me some sprit and some candy to shut the kids up and we head off to the free way. Alan is annoyed because these directions take us WAY north and then we'd just have to come right back south. they made no sense!!! But we decided to try anyways.
So as we are driving on the free way headed north in stop and go traffic, wondering what the heck was going on...we see a sign for "the CITY of North Salt Lake" The CITY!!!! I had NO idea...NO IDEA that there was an actually "city of NSL"
You can see the humor in this right? I was laughing telling Alan that I was the idiot and the guy was just trying to help and was probably REALLY confused this whole time. We spent about 2 hours total trying to find this place and when we followed the last set of directions, we made it there with no problem.
We got there just about 6:00 (they close at 5:00) and just in the nick of time (the pharmacist was about to leave) I get my progesterone pills!
Now that was an adventure! (and a pretty funny one too).
(K, so after re-reading that, it doesn't sound just as dramatic as it was yesterday!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment