Thursday, February 22, 2007

Update on Us

Well I've posted a lot of pictures lately, but no real updates about how we are all doing! Alan is back in school taking 4 classes (including STATS...which he's doing great in). He's pretty much gone Monday-Wednesday at school. He's doing really well in school and is still working grave yards. He's scheduled to graduate with his bachelors degree in December! He's still debating on what is next! We may be out of state in a year....we may be here...we'll keep ya updated. I'm still doing what I do...staying home with the kids. My friend, Katie, gave me an outline of what she does with her kindergarten class (THANK YOU KATIE). I have gotten pretty much everything I need to start doing my own little pre-school here with the kids. So I'm going to do it Monday, Wednesday, and Thursdays! And here's what we'll do (for anyone interested): The pledge of allegiance (lol, got it at the dollar store...but don't kids still say it in school?) Calendar time: counting the days, going threw the days of the week, and the weather. Lesson time: I got Zach a letter's book and Alissa a color's book. They'll each do one page. then depending on what day, we'll learn colors, letters, shapes.... Book time: I'll put a book in their back packs each night to read. Snack time: We'll have to take a break for a snack. fun time: I have songs, nursery rhymes, and hand games in a bucket. They'll choose one of each to do. Activity time: whatever activity I decide to do. One thing I'm going to do is let the kids make their own scrapbooks. They'll get one picture and some stickers to put on and I'll keep each ones scrapbook in a folder they chose at the store. So, I think that's it. I just really need to work with Zach on his letters and writing and Alissa really needs to learn everything. She doesn't know colors, letters, anything... I'm also still doing photography and stepping it up. I've got post cards and business cards ordered...I'm having a blog contest (If you want to vote!! go here: To my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG) So, I'm excited about getting the ball rolling now that the days are lighter longer and I have more time to have sessions! The kids are good. They keep getting little colds and sicknesses....which is weird, because until this past Christmas, they really never got sick! Zach is getting BIG! He's a tall little man! He still loves Thomas and Bob the builder! He's really excited about starting "pre-school" and It will be fun to see him learn! he's a smart boy. Zach and I are going to the doodlebops concert this Saturday...he's way excited about that. We are going to ride trax there (which he's excited about too) and I don't think he'll understand how fun it will be until we get there! Alissa...well Alissa is a total spaz. REALLY, I have been saying that since she was born. She gets into everything, she's got an attitude! (even in her sleep, if you try and touch her, she gets mad). But she is a sweet heart too. She love attention and comes running to me whenever something happens. (as in Zach being mean to her...because it happens a lot). She's also getting BIG. She is no longer a baby (although I am trying to hang on to that for as long as I can). She's talking, but no one can understand her. We've got to work on that! She's a cutie! So there you have it....Us, in a nut shell. We just live life...the ups and the downs.....But we've got a good little family here and love it!

4 comments:

MelissaHash said...

I enjoyed the update! When you move, you should consider Virginia!! I need an awesome photographer and friend around here!

I bought some things to start "pre-school" before Andy and I separated. I bought a little season calendar to learn the seasons too. I pretty much went crazy in the teacher supply store. Now it's all packed in storage! UGH!!!

That is such a great idea! I love planned activities with the kids, they love it too!

Anonymous said...

Meliss- I liked that post. It had a very happy feel to it. Many of your posts have a negative feel to them, but you sound genuinely happy about your kids and your little preschool. That sounds like lots of fun. I would like to come and see if that is ok sometime. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! What is this about you going out of state? Yikes, I never condered that happening!
Kids still say the Pledge in school!
Have fun with your school! It's fun being a teacher!

Carrie G said...

GEORGIA, GEORGIA, GEORGIA. Thats all I have to say!!