Today my little baby girl turned two! It was an interesting day, as I was in such a bad mood due to stupid hormones! I tried to catch some of it on camera, so I thought I would share.
We started the day by playing with a cute little tea party set that Holly gave to Alissa last night. Zach kept trying to take them from Alissa and was throwing major fit.

They insisted that they eat breakfast with the new play set.


We went to DI to find Alissa a little bike, but Zach threw a HUGE fit. Screaming and crying, so we left. We went to Target and got Alissa a cute new dress (on sale for $5)
We got home and had lunch. Grammy called right before Alan woke up.


When Alan got up, we went to Wal-mart and brought home Wendy's for dinner.

Aunt Mindy and Uncle John came up to give Alissa a birthday present.




Got some pictures with Alissa and I.

How old is Alissa??

Alissa watching daddy put together the bike we got her.


Zach wanting some attention!

Cake time!
She wasn't sure about the candle.





Mommy feeding Alissa

Alissa feeding mommy.

Family picture :)

After that mess...bath time.


Awe, that was Alissa's birthday!!!!!!
Alissa July 17th 2005

Alissa July 17th 2006!! Happy Birthday baby girl!


Alissa's Birth story

They insisted that they eat breakfast with the new play set.


We went to DI to find Alissa a little bike, but Zach threw a HUGE fit. Screaming and crying, so we left. We went to Target and got Alissa a cute new dress (on sale for $5)
We got home and had lunch. Grammy called right before Alan woke up.


When Alan got up, we went to Wal-mart and brought home Wendy's for dinner.

Aunt Mindy and Uncle John came up to give Alissa a birthday present.




Got some pictures with Alissa and I.

How old is Alissa??

Alissa watching daddy put together the bike we got her.


Zach wanting some attention!

Cake time!
She wasn't sure about the candle.





Mommy feeding Alissa

Alissa feeding mommy.

Family picture :)

After that mess...bath time.


Awe, that was Alissa's birthday!!!!!!
Alissa July 17th 2004
Alissa July 17th 2005

Alissa July 17th 2006!! Happy Birthday baby girl!


Alissa's Birth story
Friday night (July 16th) at 11:00(ish), I started having contractions. My mom and Mindy had been at my house all day hanging out. I was playing a card game on the computer, and with out saying anything to them I started timing my contractions. Since they didn't hurt and they weren't that uncomfortable I wanted to keep quiet until I noticed any patterns. Finally after an hour or so, I said "...by the way, I've been having contractions for a while now" (or something to that effect). Alan and I stayed up for a while after my mom and mindy left and then I slept through the night. At about 7:00 am on July 17th (my due date), I noticed the contractions starting again, but they were actually uncomfortable this time. At 20 minutes to 8:00, I woke Alan up and said "just to let you know, I've had about 10 contractions this morning". We both got up and I started timing those ones. They were about 5-7 minutes apart. So, we started getting ready and left for the hospital about 10:00am. My contractions hurt, but I was for sure that they were going to send us home!
When we got to the hospital, I got hooked up in a little room and my nurse, Cathy, checked me. I was dilated to a 4/5. I was moved to my room and my mom and Mindy got there. I continued to dilated and have contractions for a few hours until I got my epidural. Everyones tells me that my pain tolerance is really high because honestly, my contractions hurt, but people have worse cramps during their periods! Or course, my epidural was wonderful...I tell ya, they are God sent! LOL!
I don't remember exact times, but Dr. Johnson's on call doctor, Dr. Savage, came and broke my water. I'm assuming it was around 3:30 because I dilated to a 10 pretty quickly and started pushing about 4:15pm.
I pushed through about 4-5 contractions and Alissa was out! She was put on my stomach where I got to see and touch her for about 2 minutes, then she was taken to suck out all the fluids and get cleaned up. The doctor who was doing that noticed her mouth was a little purple, so to be safe, he took her to the nursery.
Well...sure enough, she had fluid in her lungs and had to have the oxygen bubble to help her breath. (a repeat of what happened to Zach, but not as bad). So, she ended up in the same spot Zach was in. She spent a few days in the nursery. I got the chance to have her in the room with me a few times. She is so sweet! She has these chubby cheeks and little double chin.
She was 8 lbs 7 oz
20 inches long
Born at 4:30 pm on July 17th!
So that was it...nothing to exciting. But I can't believe it's been two years!!
When we got to the hospital, I got hooked up in a little room and my nurse, Cathy, checked me. I was dilated to a 4/5. I was moved to my room and my mom and Mindy got there. I continued to dilated and have contractions for a few hours until I got my epidural. Everyones tells me that my pain tolerance is really high because honestly, my contractions hurt, but people have worse cramps during their periods! Or course, my epidural was wonderful...I tell ya, they are God sent! LOL!
I don't remember exact times, but Dr. Johnson's on call doctor, Dr. Savage, came and broke my water. I'm assuming it was around 3:30 because I dilated to a 10 pretty quickly and started pushing about 4:15pm.
I pushed through about 4-5 contractions and Alissa was out! She was put on my stomach where I got to see and touch her for about 2 minutes, then she was taken to suck out all the fluids and get cleaned up. The doctor who was doing that noticed her mouth was a little purple, so to be safe, he took her to the nursery.
Well...sure enough, she had fluid in her lungs and had to have the oxygen bubble to help her breath. (a repeat of what happened to Zach, but not as bad). So, she ended up in the same spot Zach was in. She spent a few days in the nursery. I got the chance to have her in the room with me a few times. She is so sweet! She has these chubby cheeks and little double chin.
She was 8 lbs 7 oz
20 inches long
Born at 4:30 pm on July 17th!
So that was it...nothing to exciting. But I can't believe it's been two years!!
1 comment:
Those pictures are wonderful Melissa! And I LOVE the one of her checking out the cake and candles! What a face!! :) Happy Birthday Alissa! It looks like you had a great day!
Post a Comment